What is Fresh Cloud Computing?
lets learn a little more about cloud
The “cloud” is a specific technology that allows you to access on-demand compute power. You can add servers when you need them, and remove them when you don’t, in minutes. This gives you access to almost unlimited server power.
So, when your site has a sudden surge in visitor traffic, you can easily add more servers to meet that demand, and then scale back when traffic isn’t as high. Since you only pay for what you use, you also avoid the upfront costs of the traditional computing model.
Cloud Computing Explained
The NIST (National Institute of Science & Technology) offer an in depth cloud computing definition that we feel best describes the solution we deliver to our customers:
“Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction”
Included here is our brief introduction to Cloud Computing, detailing the economic similarities to utility power, the efficient use of computing hardware, scalability and the ability to focus on what matters within a business using Cloud Computing.
There are three main Cloud deployment models:
- Private cloud – a scalable cloud environment, built on infrastructure that’s purely dedicated to your business, hosted either on your own premises or at a service provider’s data centre
- Public cloud – an cost effective solution whereby physical resources are shared with other users
- Hybrid Cloud – a best of all worlds solution combining public cloud for pay-as-you-go scalability, private cloud for enhanced security and dedicated severs for ultra-fast performance and reliability
For us at Fresh, the best way to define cloud computing is in terms of the benefits it delivers:
- Scalability: Get the specific amount of compute power you need, when you need it. Spin servers up or down to meet your needs quickly and easily.
- Cost effectiveness: Thanks to the utility pricing model of the cloud, you only pay for what you use. In addition, there are no upfront hardware, maintenance or software costs.
- Reliability: Since the Fresh Cloud can scale to meet sudden or unexpected demand, cloud helps your site or application to stay online during even the highest traffic spikes thereby protecting your brand and keeping your business running smoothly
- Business Agility: Fresh Cloud gives you instant resources and utility pricing, which means you can try different online strategies quickly, with reduced effort and cost.
- Business Focus: When you rely on the Fresh Cloud, you can apply your capital and human resources toward your highest-priority business requirements, rather than on maintaining your IT infrastructure.
Fresh Cloud has many business uses, whether it’s e-commerce hosting, file and data backup, a platform for application development, rich media, SaaS hosting, website or blog hosting, test and development environments or simply to achieve a greater level of collaboration and efficiency within the workplace. What makes the cloud attractive is the limitless power and freedom it delivers to build an IT infrastructure that supports your business needs both now and in the future.